- Carlos Marmol and Kevin Gregg are the last two inning guys, but a closer hasn’t yet been chosen.
- Jeff Samardzija could be in the rotation next year for the Cubs (that’s what he wants), in the rotation next year for the Iowa Cubs, in the bullpen for the Cubs, or split out wide for the Detroit Lions.
- At present, the Cubs literally plan on playing Ryan Theriot, Mike Fontenot, Aaron Miles, and Ronny Cedeno all over the infield.
- The Bako is more likely than Hank White to battle Koyie Hill to be the Cubs’ backup catcher. I hope they battle with a saw. Oh. Sorry, Koyie.
- Felix Pie is gonna get dumped for shit.
- I’m awesome.
I must point out one more thing. The title Carrie Muskat – who is something of a fixture in the Cublogoverse – chose for her article?
“Rotation battle heating up in Chicago.”
Am I the only one who sees the ridiculousness of that title when it’s used in January?
More From Bleacher Nation