Carlos Zambrano looked thoroughly uninjured as he mowed down the D-Backs. I think the Cubs lost, though. On to the important stuff:
- Neither Aaron Miles nor Mike Fontenot distinguished himself at the plate, but interestingly, both played a little shortstop.
- Micah Hoffpauir had his first merely pedestrian game, with a double as his lone hit. Sure is getting a lot of playing time, eh?
- Luis Rivas, who believe it or not, is competing for a bench spot, continues to sort of kind of hit adequately. Be afraid.
- Joey Gathright, on the other hand, had a crummy day at the plate. Be relieved.
- Youngster Mitch Atkins, and bullpen hopeful Angel Guzman got absolutely shit-kicked.
Bleacher Nation is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Need more baseball goodness? Check out Ball Vids - the Best Baseball Videos.