The Chicago Cubs were homer happy yesterday against the White Sox, but all of those homers came from guys who are certain to make the team. And we don’t care about that in this space…
- Chad Tracy and Kevin Millar each got just one at bat, coming into the game late, and neither did anything.
- Jeff Baker continues to struggle (he went o-3), batting just .130 on the Spring, and increasingly seeing his time from third base instead of second. It’s safe to say that Mike Fontenot will see the majority of starts at second base to start out the year.
- James Russell *still* has not given up an earned run this Spring, throwing another 1.1, and striking a guy out.
- Mike Parisi is going to make the Cubs’ decision about whether to keep him or lose him a difficult one. He had what has become a typical outing for him – a couple innings, a couple hits, a walk, a strikeout, and an earned run.
- Andrew Cashner appeared, got nobody out, walked three guys, and then was cut. True story.