A quick rundown of a few newsworthy tidbits from this weekend’s Cubs Convention (larger news items will get a stand-alone article – like Carlos Silva suggesting he will definitely win a rotation spot):
- The Cubs are not happy with former teammate Ryan Theriot – who tore his teammates apart after he was dealt last year, and then subsequently to the Cardinals – and suggest they’ll be taking some retributive action in 2011.
- Ron Santo is going to get a statute at Wrigley, joining Ernie, Billy, and Harry.
- Aramis Ramirez left an autograph session for contest winners when it became clear that a bunch of counterfeiters had mucked things up.
- Tom Ricketts stands behind General Manager Jim Hendry.
- AT&T is spending $5 million to make Wrigley a wireless hotspot, and the Cubs are growing ever closer to getting an electronic scoreboard to complement the traditional one.