But, hey. It’s a new season and, at least for Opening Day, we can have some fun trying to figure out what the Cubs’ Opening Day lineup will be, and what the rotation will look like as of Opening Day.
So, with that in mind, want to win a $50 gift certificate to CubWorld.com? They’ve got all kinds of Cubs merchandise and attire, and $50 will get you started on a nice 2011 season. Even if you don’t feel too good about the Cubs’ chances, at least you can look good. So have a little fun at our expense.
And this may be the easiest $50 you’ve ever won. All you’ve got to do to enter to win is:
1. Go to Bleacher Nation’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BleacherNation.
2. Click “Like” at the top of the page (which you should do anyway!).
3. Find this post on our Wall, click Comment, and leave your guess for the Cubs’ Opening Day lineup against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 1, 2011 (including defensive positions, and including the pitcher) and the order of the Cubs’ starting rotation as of Opening Day.
The winner will be selected at random from the correct guesses on Opening Day (Friday, April 1). If you’re the winner, we’ll contact you via Facebook message (and will post it here) to see that you get your prize.
The contest starts now, and ends on Wednesday, March 23 at 10 P.M. EST. Any submissions after that time will not be eligible to win.
BLEACHER NATION OPENING DAY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest, sponsored by Bleacher Nation (“Sponsor”) begins as of the time of this post, and ends 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. EST, Wednesday, March 23, 2011. To enter, first “Like” Bleacher Nation on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BleacherNation, and write on our “Wall” (as a comment on the post announcing this contest) a lineup for the Chicago Cubs (batters one through nine and defensive position) for the Opening Day game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 1, 2011, and the starting five pitching rotation, to the extent it has been announced as of April 1, 2011. Entries must be date-stamped by 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. EST, Wednesday, March 23 to be eligible. Limit one entry per person per Facebook account. Entries become sole property of Bleacher Nation. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
2. CLAIMING PRIZE: The winner will be notified via a message sent to their Facebook account following April 1, 2011. To claim the prize (a $50 gift certificate to CubWorld.com), the winner must respond to that message within three (3) business days. Failure to claim the prize by that time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States. Void where prohibited by law.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted materials, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.