You know what’s awesome? Free money to buy Cubs stuff. You know where they sell Cubs stuff? On MLB.com’s store (Cubs stuff here).
So, if I offered you a $50 gift certificate to MLB.com, that would be, definitionally, awesome.
Prepared to be awesome’d.
Bleacher Nation, in partnership with unseat.me, is giving away a $50 gift card to MLB.com. Entering the contest is easy, and winning is within your own control. This is not a random draw type of thing.
All you have to do to enter the contest:
(1) Set up a free page on unseat.me;
(2) Post a link to your unseat.me page on Bleacher Nation’s Facebook Wall; and
(3) Get your friends to “Like” the link to your page.
That’s it. The unseat.me page with the most “Likes” at the end of the season (September 28) will win! We will contact you through the contact info you include while setting up your unseat.me account to hook you up with the FREE $50 MLB.com gift card. If there’s a tie, the person among those tied who got his/her link up first will win.
And now you’re wondering … what is “unseat.me“?
Well, in short, unseat.me adds a social layer onto your ticket sharing/buying/selling needs. Ever had Cubs tickets you couldn’t use? Ever scrambled to try and find someone to take them off your hands (like, say, in any of the past few months when the Cubs have been terrible)?
unseat.me helps offer as many ways as possible for season ticket holders to go to their friends, families, and colleagues first when they’ve got tickets to be used. unseat.me allows you to share your tickets on Facebook and Twitter right from the listing. It’s simple, and it’s smart.
Even if you weren’t signing up just for this contest, you’d probably want to go ahead and sign up. I just did (unseat.me/BleacherNation). It took me about 10 seconds. From there, I can start listing tickets, and I can share my unseat.me info around the web.
So, do it: sign up at unseat.me, post a link to your page on BN’s Facebook Wall, and then get your friends to like that link. Win $50. That’s it.
The contest starts now, and ends on Wednesday, September 28 at 11 P.M. EST. Any submissions after that time will not be eligible to win. So get on it.
BLEACHER NATION UNSEAT.ME CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest, sponsored by Bleacher Nation and unseat.me (“Sponsors”) begins as of the time of this post, and ends 8 P.M. PT/11 P.M. EST, Wednesday, September 28, 2011. To enter, first create an unseat.me page at http://www.unseat.me. Then “share” that link on Bleacher Nation’s “Wall” on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BleacherNation. The link with the most “Likes” by 8 P.M. PT/11 P.M. EST, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 will win. In the event of a tie, the tying Entrant who “shares” his or her link first will win. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
2. CLAIMING PRIZE: The winner will be notified via a message sent to the contact information used when setting up his/her unseat.me account following September 28, 2011. To claim the prize (a $50 gift certificate to MLB.com), the winner must respond to that message within three (3) business days. Failure to claim the prize by that time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States. Void where prohibited by law.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsors to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted materials, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsors and their agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsors harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsors deems likely to subject the Sponsors, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsors in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsors after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsors may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsors may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsors are not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.