This morning, the following data inputs occurred:
1. Pearl Jam posted this on its home page:
2. Pearl Jam used the hashtag “#staytuned.”
3. The Chicago Cubs tweeted this, note the hashtag:
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) January 22, 2013
4. “Ten,” in addition to being Ron Santo’s number, is the title of Pearl Jam’s debut album (which was, itself, the jersey number of former basketball player Mookie Blaylock, the band’s original name ( … the more you know … )).
5. Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam’s front man, is a Cubs fan. Theo Epstein, the Cubs’ front man, is a Pearl Jam fan. The two are also friends.
Data assimilated, processed …
We’re going to get a concert announcement of Pearl Jam playing at Wrigley Field. Probably soon. That would be awesome.
UPDATE: Additional, subsequent teaser tweets have even more strongly indicated this is happening. Now we just await the announcement and the date(s).