In the midst of a media blitz not seen since … I struggle to come up with a comp, actually …
Sammy Sosa has already taken to Twitter, Facebook, and – most notably – Pinterest in an effort to re-elevate his profile, and perhaps help turn his name around in the minds of baseball fans.
His latest entry? A live webcast answering questions from fans. The video is available below, but the highlights include …
- The background picture is Sammy with the Texas Rangers, which was obviously a deliberate choice.
- That said, Sammy says he still follows the Cubs, who could stand to recruit some better players. He says the Cubs can reach him any time they like – they just have to pick up the phone and call him. He’s not interested in coaching baseball right now, though.
- Sammy has an academy in the Dominican Republic where he helps work with and train young players.
- 1998 was a great memory because, in part, “Mark McGwire and I brought baseball back.” I actually don’t know that he’s wrong.
- Sammy believes he should be in the Hall of Fame, and his “time will come.” He cautioned that he doesn’t want to say anything that will hurt his future chances.
- Sammy would like the Cubs to retire his number – he’s actually surprised it hasn’t happened yet.
- You can see the video below, or at this link.
More From Bleacher Nation