MLB Network has released its Spring Training broadcast schedule, and you can now add five more Chicago Cubs games to your television viewing plans for this Spring. The schedule, which is available here, lists the following Cubs games for broadcast on the MLBN cable channel, subject to local blackouts (times are CT):
- Mon., March 4 8:30 a.m. Chicago Cubs Split Squad @ Los Angeles Angels
- Sat., March 16 – LIVE 3:00 p.m. Texas Rangers Split Squad @ Chicago Cubs Split Squad
- Sun., March 17 8:00 a.m. Kansas City Royals @ Chicago Cubs Split Squad (game is LIVE on WGN-TV)
- Fri., March 22 12:00 a.m. Chicago Cubs Split Squad @ Seattle Mariners
- Mon., March 25 6:00 a.m. Chicago Cubs @ Cleveland Indians
- Tue., March 26 6:00 a.m. San Francisco Giants @ Chicago Cubs (game is LIVE on CSN)
- Thu., March 28 1:00 a.m. Chicago Cubs @ Kansas City Royals Split Squad
- Fri., March 29 6:00 a.m. Seattle Mariners @ Chicago Cubs (game is LIVE on CSN)
Now, what you’ve noticed is that only one of those games is being broadcast live. The other seven are rebroadcasts (sometimes at odd hours). It isn’t great, but it’s better than no video at all. If nothing else, it will give you the opportunity to see some of the prospects you might not otherwise get to see for a while.
In total, then, you’ll have seven live televised games, and seven rebroadcast games (with a little overlap between the two). Every game (except for one split-squad game) is available via either video or audio live (and the one game that is is that March 4 rebroadcast), so you don’t have to miss out on anything.