We had an unusually fertile weekend for news and Cubs-related stuff, so I wanted to offer a quick round-up for those of you who are weekday-only BN’ers, and who may have missed all the stuff that appeared here over the weekend.
- Tom Ricketts addressed the media about, among other things, the status of Wrigley Field renovation talks with the City, and his expectations for what will be new/different during the 2013 season.
- Matt Garza strained his left lat muscle (mildly), and had to cut his live batting practice session short. It was the first time he’d thrown to live batters since last July, when his 2012 season ended thanks to a stress reaction in his elbow. The good news is that Garza says his elbow feels great, and he doesn’t expect this to be a serious issue.
- We had a discussion about Jorge Soler’s much-awaited arrival at big league camp, and a video of his first Spring batting practice.
- Ryan Braun has more explaining to do after being connected to that allegedly dirty Miami clinic once again.
- Jed Hoyer spoke about a variety of interesting topics, including the Cubs’ interest in Michael Bourn (it existed).
- But Jed wasn’t so interested in the Bunt Tourney, apparently. He lost in the first round to Theo Epstein (with a little video).
- Bob Brenly explained how close he was to returning to the Cubs’ booth. It was a lot closer than we thought.