The Cubs split their split squad games today, taking down the Angels 4-2, but losing to the Brewers 4-3.
- Nick Struck threw three scoreless innings against a pretty decent Angels lineup, striking out one and giving up just two hits. Chris Rusin’s line later in the game was almost identical – you just have to add one earned run.
- Edwin Jackson didn’t have a pretty two innings, allowing five base runners and a couple earned runs.
- Hector Rondon threw another scoreless inning. Ditto Hisanori Takahashi, who looks like one of the more likely non-roster invitees to make the bullpen.
- Brian Bogusevic seriously wants to make the team. He had another three hits in three at bats today, doubling twice and homering. It’s just Spring Training, but if he keeps ripping the ball, it will become difficult to ignore.
- In the Angels game, prospects Albert Almora and Dustin Geiger (and Jorge Soler) each got an at bat, which fine, I suppose. None got a hit. In the Brewers game, Dan Vogelbach struck out and took a walk, and Tim Saunders struck out.
- Javier Baez did, however, going deep for the first time on the Spring. He also drew a bases loaded walk.
- Don’t forget: today’s Cubs/Angels game is being rebroadcast on MLB Network tomorrow morning at 8:30am CT.
More From Bleacher Nation