Ever wanted to bring your dog to a minor league game? Kane County will let you do exactly that tonight. Not only can your four legged friend get into the game for free, the pets will also get to walk the bases, win prizes, participate in a parade, and go absolutely berserk if Dan Vogelbach manages to launch a souvenir their way. Actually, looking at where the lawn sections are in that ballpark, anyone on the Cougars’ roster could send the furry fans frolicking after a foul.
Now, if only a team would create a day for the feline fanbase we’d have a promotion worth getting excited about.
Scores From Yesterday
Iowa - This road trip is starting to get depressing. Iowa lost again, 4-3.
Tennessee - Despite committing two errors, the Smokies doubled up Birmingham in this 8-4 win.
Daytona - Daytona has been on the winning end of some shutouts lately, but they lost this one 5-0.
Kane County - Kane County fell behind early, and then it got worse. They lost 14-1.
Boise - The Hawks scored twice in the eighth to tie the game, but they lost in eleven innings 5-2.
Arizona - Arizona had the night off.
Performances of Note
- [Iowa] Brooks Raley pitched a fairly good game. Through 6.2 innings he allowed just 2 runs on 5 hits while walking 3 and striking out 2. At worst he kept his team in the game, which is all most starting pitchers can be asked to do.
- [Iowa] Logan Watkins put together another two hit game in this one. One of those hits was his 18th double.
- [Tennessee] Arismendy Alcantara finished 3 for 4 with a walk. Christian Villanueva and Rafael Lopez also had multi-hit games.
- [Tennessee] Brett Jackson finished 1 for 4 with a strikeout.
- [Tennessee] Dae-Eun Rhee pitched a very nice game. Over 6.1 innings he allowed just 2 hits (one of them a home run) and walked one while striking out 5. His Tennessee ERA now sits at 2.13.
- [Daytona] Zeke Devoss did his part. The speed-first center fielder doubled twice and finished 3 for 4.
- [Daytona] Pierce Johnson pitched the final 4 innings of this game, and over that span he struck out 7. He also allowed 3 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks.
- [Kane County] Despite giving up 13 runs on 13 hits and 4 walks, somehow Jose Rosario got through 4.2 innings. If you’re looking for a silver lining, at least he managed to spare the bullpen. Only Al Yevoli and Andrew McKirahan were needed to finish the game.
- [Kane County] Dan Vogelbach launched his 16th home run. That was essentially all the offense Kane County had to offer.
- [Boise] Tyler Skulina and Loiger Padron both pitched quite well for the Hawks. For Skulina, his 3 scoreless innings dropped his Northwest League ERA down to 1.20.
- [Boise] Kris Bryant walked and doubled for half of Boise’s total hits. Jose Dore had the only other hit for the Hawks.
- Progress? Javier Baez has just 7 walks with Tennessee, but 4 of them have come in his last 4 games. Of course he has struck out 8 times in that same span, so perhaps we shouldn’t get too excited just yet.
- The Scott Baker rehabilitation progression has now reached Daytona. Over 3.1 innings Baker struck out just 2 while allowing 3 hits and a pair of walks. I don’t have any numbers on his velocity yet, but I am sure those will be coming out shortly.