Another week, another busy weekend. At least this one was to be expected, what with the Winter Meetings kicking off today. The activity started in earnest on Tuesday, and simply didn’t stop …
Friday (and technically some of this was Saturday, but it blends a bit)
- If Tuesday was Trade Day, then Friday was inarguably Signing Day. There were big signings – Robinson Cano, Curtis Granderson, Hiroki Kuroda, Carlos Beltran – and then a host of lesser, but still notable, signings.
- The Cubs were tied to free agent reliever John Axford, and I analyzed whether there were signs for hope in 2014 (and there are).
- There was another Wrigley Field renovation approval. There’s always at least one each week, it seems.
- Hopefully you didn’t miss Luke’s latest Prospect Progress, because it’s a name you might not know a whole lot about.
- We got some good news on Cubs pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino.
- Saturday’s Bullets included the possibility that Tim McCarver could head to St. Louis to do some broadcasting. Too good to be true.
- The Cubs were tied to another free agent reliever, this one is Joba Chamberlain, who could be a good flyer.
- The latest on whether Masahiro Tanaka will be posted, and why he probably should be.
- Yesterday’s big rumor had the Cubs interested in, and talking to, free agent outfielder Shin-Soo Choo. As surprising as that may be.
- The Bullets on Sunday included both a small prep for the Winter Meetings, as well as a large meta piece on the comments and the community.
- Speaking of prep for the Winter Meetings, there was a Lukewarm Stove last night to get you ready.
- An incredible bit of investigative work in Seattle revealed a disastrous situation in the Mariners’ organization, and I reflected on what it reminds me about the Cubs’ current rebuilding efforts.
Whew. And I’m ready for more, starting today …