Busy weekends have become the norm this time of year, so catch yourself up if you’re just checking back in …
Friday, June 27
- We discussed the possible headwinds to a quality Jeff Samardzija trade return … but they don’t seem all that significant.
- There was a fresh Lukewarm Stove with bits on Pedro Strop as a trade piece, Darwin Barney’s value to the Blue Jays, and more.
- Kyle Schwarber has gotten off to a ridiculously good pro start.
- The John Baker Game happened on Friday night.
Saturday, June 28
- The Cubs have been working hard on modifying a lot about Jorge Soler’s approach/posture/nutrition/hydration/etc. to knock out these hamstring problems.
- As expected, the Cubs will not stand in the way if the Padres want to interview Jason McLeod for their GM position (which they reportedly do).
- Arismendy Alcantara is shredding at AAA, and we needed to take a moment to give him some love (and watch an absolute moonshot).
- Dallas Beeler had an effective debut for the Cubs as the fill-in doubleheader starter.
Sunday, June 29
- More on that Beeler start, and his future projection, in the Bullets yesterday.
- Kyle Schwarber went off, and we watched him homer twice.
- Luke looked at the Cubs’ farm system performances so far, and noted that the Cubs have a whole lot of league leaders right now.
- The Pirates and Reds got together on a trade, and the latest big-time Cuban signed.
More From Bleacher Nation