In support of Make-A-Wish and its mission to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy, you have donated more than $15,000 to a great cause, and now you get your reward.
More me than you could possibly actually want.
Starting at 5am CT tomorrow morning, I will be sitting at my computer, ready to cover the two days leading up to MLB’s July 31 Non-Waiver Trade Deadline. I won’t stop or sleep until after the BN Blogathon is over at 6pm CT on July 31. That’s 37 hours straight, and you bought it with your generosity.
Also bought with your generosity? I have to wear this for the whole darn thing:
— Brett Taylor (@BleacherNation) July 27, 2014
Thanks. I fully expect the hat to transform and degrade (improve?) as the Blogathon goes on.
Hopefully there will be some action over the two days of the Blogathon, but, if you’ve followed in years past, you know that we can still have a really good team even when things are slow (last year, man, nothing happened – but it was still cool, I think). You can expect an increase in rumor coverage, and tons and tons of content. We’re running at about 10 to 12 posts per day right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that double over the two Blogathon days. Check in early and often, y’all.
Other Blogathon items of note:
- You’ll want to follow BN on Twitter and like it on Facebook to maximize your Blogathon enjoyment.
- On Twitter, use the #BNBlogathon hashtag to participate – your tweets will be included in posts throughout the day.
- Obviously enjoy the comments, too. They become something of a party atmosphere right around midnight.
- Yes, there will be Vines.
- New this year: live video stream. No, I won’t be streaming the whole thing (that’s for your benefit), but I do plan to have a few live video sessions you can watch here at the site thanks to Google’s Hangout technology. During those sessions – 30 minutes? 45 minutes? something like that – I’ll update you on how things are going, talk about the latest rumors/moves, and you can ask me questions in the comments or on Twitter, and I’ll respond live. I’ve never done it before, so hopefully it works and is fun.
- Tentative schedule for the video sessions: 1pm CT on July 30, 8pm CT on July 30 (during Cubs game), 2am CT on July 31 (oh yeah, late night!), and 12pm CT on July 31 (entering the home stretch, and probably feeling terrible). I will keep you apprised of whether that’s all happening and doable as the times approach.