I started to put a couple of these into the Bullets this morning, and then I realized there were so many META items that I should just do a dedicated list.
- The first episode of BNTV records LIVE at 8pm CT tonight (9pm ET). You can email questions in advance, a la a podcast, to bntv AT bleachernation DOT com. Otherwise, just show up at 8pm CT and enjoy the fun. It’s still a live stream, and anything can happen!
- I’m headed to Chicago tomorrow morning to spend a few days taking in Javy Mania, wearing some crazy pants, touring Wrigley, and watching future draft prospects.
- To that end, if you’re headed to the game tomorrow night – 80s Rock Night, complete with Zubaz pants in the bleachers – stop by and say hey. I’ll be in the right field corner, over by the LED board. And I will be throwing on those Zubaz pants as soon as they hand ‘em to me.
- On Thursday and Friday, I’ll be doing some touring of Wrigley Field, so look for some stuff on that soon. For those of you who’ve never done the tour, or who can’t get in to see Wrigley Field before the renovation, I’m hoping to do a little documentation for posterity.
- On Saturday, the Under Armour All-America Game will be played at Wrigley Field (home run derby at 4pm CT, game at 6pm CT), and I’ll be checking out some of the best high school talent in the country. That sounds wrong. I will be watching the best high school baseball players compete at Wrigley as start looking ahead to the 2015 draft. That’s better.
- If you’re going to the UA Game, or even if you’re not and just want to hang out, I’ll be at Mullen’s (3527 N. Clark St., just south of Wrigley) by around 1pm to get some lunch, and then some drinks. And the cool news? John Arguello from Cubs Den will be there as well, so we can all hang out and be real life friends and talk about baseball.
- Don’t forget: there’s a sale on BN apparel going on right now, so if you’ve been waiting to pick up some BN shirts, now’s the time. Details here. The deal ends today.
- And finally, some great news for a good friend: Sahadev Sharma has been hired by Baseball Prospectus as a Senior Editor, which is fantastic news not only for Sahadev, but also for folks who enjoy reading his work. He’ll continue to cover the Chicago teams for other publications (TBD), but he’ll have a regular home at BP now. Good decision, BP.
— Baseball Prospectus (@baseballpro) August 11, 2014