How’d the Super Bowl treat you? With the bases loaded, one out, and down by one in the 9th, Pete Carroll had Miguel Cabrera coming to the plate. And then he pinch hit with Yoenis Cespedes for some reason. I mean, Cespedes is a fine player, but he grounded into a double play to end the game.
Friday, January 30
- The day started with a fun look at what Kris Bryant’s WAR would be in the minors last year, if there were such a thing.
- The new commissioner is making the rounds, discussing the many pressing issues facing the game.
- Keith Law’s top ten prospect list for the Chicago Cubs is out.
- The Cubs’ World Series odds are still nuts, and it shows a lot about Cubs fans.
- Jorge Soler is the third best outfield prospect in baseball. Here’s hoping he’s not a prospect for much longer, and then is just one of the best outfielders in baseball.
Saturday, January 31
- Yoan Moncada – and other Cubans who’ve recently made their way out of the country – have been notified that the U.S. Government (specifically, the Office of Foreign Asset Control) considers them unblocked. So it’s now up to MLB to clear the players to sign. It could come this week.
- The Cubs dominated MLB.com’s new top 100 prospect list, with 6 of the top 57 and 2 of the top 5. So Kris Bryant wasn’t number one overall. Whateves.
Sunday, February 1
- The Big Game was the Big Story of the Big Day, and that was obviously in the Bullets (in relation to MLB’s standing as a less national, more regional sport). But there was also another Yoan Moncada update, too.
- Luke hooked us up with a new Prospects Progress on pitcher C.J. Edwards, who was fantastic again last year … when he was healthy.
More From Bleacher Nation