Today’s game is as close to a jackpot follow-up to yesterday’s prospect homer perfection as you can get. No, the lineup isn’t stuffed with prospects again today, but consider the following:
- Jon Lester makes his second Cubs Spring start, and Zack Greinke gets the ball for the Dodgers. Also: Lester will face Yasiel Puig.
- The interestingly repeated Fowler-Rizzo-Castro-Montero top of the order is back. Also, that means Montero is catching Lester today.
- Arismendy Alcantara is getting a look at second base today.
- Phil Coke will make his Cubs debut, fresh on the heels of an increasing feeling that he’s going to make the team.
- Oh, and also: THE GAME IS ON TV! Today’s Cubs/Dodgers matchup will be on MLB Network, live, as well as on MLB.tv.
If you’re headed to the ballpark, look for me roaming around: blue BN shirt, blue and yellow shoes, not especially tall. Say hello, and I will very likely say hello back. It’s fun like that.
- Dexter Fowler, CF
- Anthony Rizzo, 1B
- Starlin Castro, SS
- Miguel Montero, C
- Chris Coghlan, LF
- Mike Olt, 3B
- Ryan Sweeney, RF
- Arismendy Alcantara, 2B
- Mike Baxter, DH
Other pitchers who may appear today in addition to Lester and Coke: Zac Rosscup, Drake Britton, and Francisley Bueno – clearly it’s “look at the lefties” day. Also righties Gonzalez Germen and Brian Schlitter.
Kyle Schwarber, Albert Almora, Addison Russell, Tommy La Stella, and Junior Lake are available off of the bench, among others.