For those of you who weren’t around, I hope you had a nice long weekend with all proper observances of Memorial Day. What you may have missed during the long weekend …
Friday, May 22
- Kyle Hendricks showed off how good he can be.
- Addison Russell has been really hot ever since the first week of his big league season.
- The Ricketts Family has bought three more rooftops.
- Neil Ramirez was expected to throw for Chris Bosio this weekend, but I’ll caution you now that Joe Maddon didn’t sound optimistic about a quick return when he was asked later in the weekend (though it sounded like Ramirez hadn’t yet thrown for Bosio, so who knows – long story short: don’t expect a quick return, but you weren’t expecting one anyway).
- Probably not entirely unrelated, the Cubs may have interest in reliever Rafael Soriano.
- A potentially big shakeup in the Cole Hamels trade market, as he is reportedly using his no-trade clause to flat out block deals to certain teams.
- The Cubs dropped a really frustrating one in 13 innings to the Diamondbacks.
Saturday, May 23
- I’m not worried about Hector Rondon, even as he blew a two-run save last night.
- It’s fair to wonder, given the match, whether the Cubs and A’s could get together on a trade again this year.
- Luis wrote about the increasing importance of David Ross’s offense, such as it is.
- Javy Baez and Kyle Schwarber keep hitting bombs.
- The Cubs came back a little bit and won late against the Diamondbacks, 9-6.
Sunday, May 24
- Anthony Rizzo had a huge day in that win, and you can watch his exploits here.
- The Cubs dropped a one-run game in the Diamondbacks finale, meaning they lose the series and split the road trip.
- Luke discussed a category of Cubs prospects that could make particular sense in trades this Summer.
Monday, May 25
- Luke got the day going with a look at the upcoming draft and the weekend in Cubs prospect news.
- The Bullets looked at the tough stretch upcoming for the Cubs.
- And the Cubs didn’t help themselves by losing a seriously winnable game 2-1 yesterday to the Nationals.
- Javy Baez is really heating up at Iowa.
- Attendance at Wrigley Field continues to be strong, relatively-speaking, which is important going forward.
More From Bleacher Nation