The Cubs managed another four-game series win this weekend thanks in large part to not one but two walk-offs courtesy of Starlin Castro’s bat.
Friday, June 12
- We talked about the questions persisting at the back of the Cubs’ rotation.
- The Phillies have reportedly been scouting the Cubs’ minor league system.
- Michael looked at Rafael Soriano’s contract details, and how we can expect the next steps to play out.
- Luis wrote about how the Cubs and Red Sox have been approaching the task of organization-building.
- The Cubs couldn’t win it late, and the Reds beat ’em in 10.
Saturday, June 13
- Starlin Castro’s homer cleared the bleachers.
- The will to win? Yup, Joe Maddon says the Cubs have it.
- Luis took a look at the Cubs’ track record in the first round of the draft, historically-speaking. As in … historically bad.
- The Cubs endured a massive rain delay and won it in the 9th against the Reds.
Sunday, June 14
- Starlin Castro’s walk-off hit against the Reds Saturday was a solid, line-drive single to center. Want more.
- The Cardinals lost yet another player. And yet the Cubs are still way the heck behind them.
- The Venezuelan Summer League has been underway for a bit, and Luke checked in on some of the youngest prospects in the Cubs’ system.
- For depth, the Cubs swapped out Junior Lake for Brian Schlitter last night, and many fans were far too annoyed.
- It looks like Ian Happ has signed, or is at least in the process of signing, with the Cubs, according to Ian Happ.
- And then Starlin Castro did it again, walking the Cubs off against the Reds.
More From Bleacher Nation