A handful of items to pass along while you watch, with present frustration, the Cubs playing the Brewers:
- The Diamondbacks have made an offer to the Reds for Aroldis Chapman, for some reason, according to Jon Heyman. Chapman is awesome, but he’s also under control for only this and next year. It would seem, then, that he’s not an ideal fit for a team like the Diamondbacks … unless they’re trying to make a run (currently 6.5 back of the Giants). Inadvisable.
- You’re on #HugWatch for Gerardo Parra, as there are some heavy rumors of Orioles interest, and the possibility of an imminent deal.
- The Brewers were able to find another deal for Carlos Gomez, so maybe the Mets can find another deal for Zack Wheeler? Well:
Reds willing to trade Jay Bruce to the Mets for Zack Wheeler now. Worth watching over the next 20 hours.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2015
Confirmed the #Reds have interest in Zack Wheeler. Guessing it take more than him to get Bruce.
— John Fay (@johnfayman) July 31, 2015
- If the Reds do deal Bruce for Wheeler, it’ll be a pretty aggressive rebuild for them, and pitching heavy – they received three lefties for Johnny Cueto from the Royals.
- And, don’t forget, the Reds are probably also going to get nice pieces for Mike Leake.
- The Pirates did finalize that Jaokim Soria deal:
The Pirates have acquired RHP Joakim Soria from Detroit in exchange for minor league INF JaCoby Jones. pic.twitter.com/23A6bWNfuP
— Pirates (@Pirates) July 30, 2015
- Jones is a 23-year-old shortstop prospect at AA, who has hit a little bit. He was a top 10/15ish prospect for the Pirates coming into the season, so it’s not like they gave up nothing here for Soria, who currently sports a 2.85 ERA … with terrible peripherals.
More From Bleacher Nation