The Cubs reached incredible heights this weekend, though they did lose yesterday …
Friday, August 14
- Friday morning’s Bullets included discussion of Jon Lester’s dominance and pick-off troubles.
- Luke capped off his updated Cubs prospect rankings with the top ten, including a big – but defensible! – surprise at the top.
- The Cubs’ TV ratings are still very, very strong. And that’s good.
- The Phillies are mulling offers for Chase Utley, and that could include interest from the Cubs.
- Edwin Jackson finally has a new team – he signed a big league deal with the Braves.
- Luis wrote about Friday’s starters, Kyle Hendricks and Jeff Samardzija, and how they’re trending in opposite directions.
- The Cubs hung on for a one-run win on Friday over old friend Jeff Samardzija.
- And that included a monster shot by Anthony Rizzo.
Saturday, August 15
- Pedro Strop knows how to celebrate a big strikeout.
- Chris Coghlan’s huge game, and great season, in context.
- Michael looked at Minor League Ball’s top 20 Cubs prospect list revisited.
- Ian Happ is tearing things up at South Bend.
- Chase Utley may dictate where he plays next, if anywhere, and it could come down to the Angels and the Cubs.
- The Cubs won a slopping game, which you’ll still gladly take.
Sunday, August 16
- Among many other things, the Bullets on Sunday looked at how well the Cubs’ season has gone, from a record perspective.
- Luke checked in with the Cubs’ farm teams’ progress, and noted that the Myrtle Beach Pelicans are headed to the playoffs.
- Luis looked at the Cardinals, and somehow did not throw up.
- Chris Sale was especially Chris Sale, and the Cubs were dominated on Sunday, ending their winning streak.
More From Bleacher Nation