I am so very tired this morning. And I couldn’t be happier about it.
If you missed anything this weekend, including last night’s incredible game …
Friday, August 28
- Friday morning’s Bullets with a variety of items.
- Starlin Castro reportedly cleared waivers this month.
- Michael wrote about Jed Hoyer’s latest remarks.
- The Mariners fired their GM and the speculation about executive movements begins.
- Luis wrote about just how insanely large the Dodgers’ payroll has become.
- The Cubs lost 4-1 to the Dodgers and never really had a chance.
- At least Anthony Rizzo hit one of the longest homers you’ll ever see come off of Clayton Kershaw.
Saturday, August 29
- The Cardinals finally lost a game, but it came against the Giants.
- I couldn’t be too down about the Cubs getting worked over, again, by a top starting pitcher.
- Big news on the front office front, as the Cubs reportedly snag a big-timer from the Red Sox.
- The Cubs couldn’t come through with the bats at any point when runners were in position to score, and Jon Lester had one bad inning. So the Cubs lost to the Dodgers again.
Sunday, August 30
- The Cubs’ four-game losing streak changed things quite a bit.
- It sounds like Javier Baez will be up with the big league team this week, as soon as tomorrow. He flashed the leather this weekend just to get folks excited.
- Among other things, I looked in the Bullets at Jon Lester’s start, and the difficulty in evaluating his season.
- Luis dug in on new Cubs reliever Fernando Rodney, and, specifically, how he can help the Cubs be better without even being the guy he was the last three years.
- Kris Bryant went deep to give the Cubs an early 2-0 lead against the Dodgers, and that was the final score.
- BECAUSE JAKE ARRIETA THREW A NO-HITTER!
More From Bleacher Nation