If you took a long, holiday weekend, good for you. I hope it was lovely, with drinks and flowers and merriment. You may have missed some things, though, so check back in …
Friday, September 4
- Kyle Schwarber went down with a rib injury last week, and we got a little more info on Friday.
- The Cubs’ ratings remain very strong.
- The Cubs went crazy on the Diamondbacks in a laugher. That included Javy Baez’s first homer of the year.
Saturday, September 5
- Albert Almora crashed into the outfield wall.
- More praise for Javy Baez.
- Of the Cubs’ many homers on Friday, who hit it the farthest and hardest?
- How good has Jake Arrieta been this year? Historically good.
- The Cubs lost Mike Olt on waivers to the White Sox.
- The Cubs beat the Diamondbacks 2-0, thanks mostly to Jake Arrieta.
Sunday, September 6
- Jake Arrieta is awesome, and he made the Diamondbacks look bad.
- Anthony Rizzo made an incredible play at first. What else is new?
- Luke looked at the minor league teams as their season wind down.
- The Cubs completed the sweep of the Diamondbacks, including a 495 foot homer from Kris Bryant.
- My favorite part of the win was Jonathan Herrera’s unsolicited curtain call.
Monday, September 7
- Carl Edwards, Jr. joined the big league team (pitched a scoreless inning, too).
- Luke looked at the other Iowa Cubs who might come up and join the big league team.
- Monday’s Bullets looked at the eventual Kyle Schwarber return.
- The Cubs released Rafael Soriano.
- Luis looked at the projected pitching schedule ahead, and noted that the Cubs line up well.
- Addison Russell crushed a three-run shot, and the Cubs crushed the Cardinals 9-0.
More From Bleacher Nation