The Cubs didn’t get the sweep yesterday, but it was a second straight series win over the Cardinals …
Friday, September 18
- Avoiding the hot takes on Chris Coghlan’s slide into Jung-Ho Kang.
- We know it looks like Javy Baez has made dramatic changes at the plate, but are the underlying figures backing it up?
- There appears to have been a significant IFA rule change that could benefit the Cubs.
- Kris Bryant drives a Lyft car with hilarious results.
- Michael checked into the latest on Theo Epstein extension talks.
- Thanks primarily to Starlin Castro’s two homers, the Cubs whipped the Cardinals.
Saturday, September 19
- As far as the scoreboard went on Friday, it was 100% good for the Cubs.
- Joe Maddon had some fiery thoughts about what the Cardinals pulled on Friday.
- Starlin Castro is just crazy on fire.
- The Cubs held on to beat the Cardinals despite some 9th inning shenanigans.
Sunday, September 20
- The conclusion of Saturday’s win was incredible, and it wasn’t just Addison Russell’s amazing play.
- The Giants have really played themselves out of playoff contention.
- Let’s talk about intentional pitches at other players.
- Just because I missed the back-to-back Soler-Bryant homers doesn’t mean you have to.
- The Cubs’ battled back after going down early, but they couldn’t quite come through to pull it off and lost the finale to the Cardinals.
More From Bleacher Nation