I had a great 9 days in Chicago for this final Cubs home stand, and I’m especially glad I got to be there for the playoff clinch. But, after a long drive that kept me up into the wee hours last night/this morning, I can say it’s always good to be home.
- Jon Greenberg captures the spirit of why the Cubs celebrated so aggressively yesterday, even after losing back-to-back meaningful games to the Pirates. As part of his summation, Greenberg offers something that we could all stand to remember in all walks of life: “This was just the first step. You never know what tomorrow will bring, so you might as well tip your bottle, put on your ski goggles and get a little wild.” You’d be a fool not to allow yourself to enjoy the moments you’re given. Even as fans, we don’t get too many like a playoff clinch.
- More quotes from the team and the coaches and the front office on the party here, here, and here. I’m happy to bask in the reflected glow. Watch the video of the post-clinch celebration, and stick around for the bonus Carl Edwards, Jr. breakdance at the end:
- Sahadev Sharma on a turning point in the Cubs’ season.
- Scoreboard Watching and the question of tonight’s game.
- A great new spot on the Cubs as they head into October:
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) September 26, 2015
More From Bleacher Nation