The regular season came to a close this weekend, which is actually rather sad, even though I’m very excited for what comes next …
Friday, October 2
- If you’re going to be in Chicago to watch the Wild Card Game somewhere, come to the BN Watch Party.
- Sometimes, it’s the moves you don’t make – I have to offer up some credit where it’s due. The front office is good.
- The top prospect in the Midwest League this year is Gleyber Torres.
- Addison Russell has been absurdly good on defense this year.
- Luis looked at how a hot or not September can impact the playoffs. (Spoiler: probably doesn’t.)
- The Cubs beat the Brewers comfortably to kick off the weekend.
Saturday, October 3
- I took a look at Cubs pitching performances throughout the years, and it looks like Jake Arrieta’s may have been the best in the remotely modern era.
- Lineup discussions as the Wild Card Game approaches.
- Non-Cubs, but holy crap this Kevin Pillar catch.
- The Cubs kept their winning ways going to close down the year with another win over the Brewers.
Sunday, October 4
- I’m pretty sure Kyle Hendricks was better in 2015 than 2014.
- The NL record for strikeouts – the good record, not the bad record – belongs to the 2015 Cubs.
- The closed out a magical 2015 season – regular season edition – with a 3-1 win over the Brewers. No, it didn’t snag them home field in the Wild Card, but it was a solid win to cap off an incredible season.
More From Bleacher Nation