Keeping tabs on some of the non-Cubs playoff action from yesterday …
- It was an ALDS day, with each of the series getting underway. The Rangers beat the Blue Jays 5-3 in Game One of their series, and the news was even worse for the Jays: they lost both Josh Donaldson (knee to the head) and Jose Bautista (hamstring) during the course of the game. Both are tentatively expected to play today, though. The Rangers lost Adrian Beltre to a back issue, too, so it was quite the game of attrition.
- David Price started the game for the Blue Jays, going seven innings, giving up all five of the Rangers’ runs. Nobody should try and sign him in the offseason, and he should have to settle on a five-year, $80 million deal with the Cubs. It is decided.
- Jose Bautista crushed one before he left the game:
- Meanwhile, after dispatching the Yankees in the Wild Card Game, the Astros took Game One of their series against the Royals, 5-2. They got homers from Colby Rasmus and George Springer, and Collin McHugh was solid on the mound despite a long rain delay after the second inning. That forced Royals starter Yordano Ventura from the game.
- Kendrys Morales was the offense for the Royals, knocking two solo homers.
More From Bleacher Nation