Obviously the playoffs are the big thing, and hopefully you missed very little of that …
Friday, October 9
- The NLDS preview.
- Friday morning’s Bullets.
- Kyle Schwarber: golf ball crusher.
- I looked at John Lackey’s approach (which wound up very much being what he did to the Cubs), which might be useful when he starts again this week.
- If the Cubs do in fact sign Eddy Julio Martinez for $3 million, it’s probably a steal.
- The latest episode of Limited Range got into the fun of the playoffs.
- The Cubs dropped the first game of their NLDS series with the Cardinals.
Saturday, October 10
- Checking in on the other playoff series.
- The strike zone bothered a bunch of folks on Friday night, but I didn’t quite see it that way.
- The Bullets on Saturday looked at a whole bunch of swell stuff.
- And the next twist in the Eddy Julio Martinez story has the Giants maybe not out after all?
- The Cubs went righty-heavy against Jaime Garcia, which may have looked like it was against splits.
- Kyle Hendricks’ evolution this year.
- Woooooo – the Cubs beat the Cardinals 6-3 in Game 2 of the NLDS.
- Helping in large part was this Jorge Soler blast.
Sunday, October 11
- The Dodgers beat the Mets, but the big story was Chase Utley’s ugly slide into second base, which broke Ruben Tejada’s leg.
- Did the Cardinals invent a new meaning for Cardinal with their goofs and strange decisions?
- A quick look at a couple great defensive plays in the middle infield from Game 2.
More From Bleacher Nation