How many incredible games and nights do we deserve? I keep thinking I’ve experienced the best of the best this season, and then the Cubs – THESE Cubs – top it again and again.
I’ve said it before, but I’ve got to say it at least one more time: being able to share this experience with so many of you on a very real, often personal level is something I don’t take for granted. I would be enjoying this season and this postseason as a fan, regardless – but to be able to do it together with you all here is something I never thought I’d have the privilege to do. I am incredibly fortunate, and I appreciate your part in allowing me to do what I do. Without all of you, this place doesn’t exist.
Thank you. Go Cubs. On to the NLCS.
- And it was the Cardinals. That’s what we kept saying to each other last night, probably with an expletive mixed in there from time to time, because it was almost easy to forget that this wasn’t just an NLDS win. It was the first postseason matchup of these teams ever and now the Cubs lead that series one to nothing. I’ll never stop saying that the postseason is a crapshoot, and anything can happen in one, three, or four games … but you better believe I’ll occasionally let that slip from my mind in the coming years when I discuss the fact that the Cubs OWN the Cardinals in the postseason.
- There are so many great post-win write-ups out there, so I’m sure you won’t be in short supply. This one from Patrick Mooney is especially good, as is this one from Jon Greenberg. Also, this one from Sahadev Sharma. And this one from Jonah Keri. See? There are a lot.
- FINALLY. This is important:
- The Cubs homer party, if you missed it.
- And Playoff Miscellany awaits an opponent for the Cubs. Tomorrow night’s Dodgers/Mets game is going to be must-see TV.
- Cubs are in trouble, folks …
Oh no!!! pic.twitter.com/XwDGBM1QdV
— Brett Taylor (@BleacherNation) October 14, 2015