The NLCS gets underway later today, but the ALCS kicked off last night …
- And the Royals put up a five-spot on the Blue Jays, who couldn’t solve Edinson Volquez or the Royals’ bullpen. Incredibly, the Blue Jays had been shut out just five times prior in the entire season.
- At one point, Troy Tulowitzki had a chance to break the Jays back into it, with two on and two out, but he stared at three strikes, and folks openly wondered if he’s still not healthy.
- Speaking of that, Edwin Encarnacion left the game early with a finger issue that the team is calling a ligament sprain. They are hoping he can play today or at least Monday.
- Clearly, with the loss, the Blue Jays are just setting the Royals up for a 3-0 series lead, and then a heartbreaking comeback of four straight wins, capped off by a Jose Bautista homer in Game Seven, and a bat chuck that lands just outside Wrigley Field.
- The teams play again this afternoon at 2:30 CT in Kansas City, with David Price taking on Yordano Ventura.
- Some highlights from the game, as well as a bit of a preview of Cubs/Mets:
More From Bleacher Nation