I woke up feeling sick – I was already getting there yesterday – and bummed out. Welcome to the week.
Friday, October 16
- Something technically from Thursday, but it was late and might’ve gotten missed: your early qualifying offer discussion.
- The Cubs and Mets have history – they’re writing another chapter right now – but that’s all it is.
- Jake Arrieta and getting extra rest.
- Michael wrapped up the regular season statistical leaders for the Cubs. Fun read.
- The latest Limited Range was a family affair.
- The rumor mill is churning, as only four teams are left in action. And the rumors impact the Cubs in many ways.
Saturday, October 17
- Jeimer Candelario had an absolutely enormous day in the AFL.
- Cubs executive Tim Wilken is reportedly leaving for the Diamondbacks.
- The Cubs are playing in the NLCS without Addison Russell on the roster.
- Postseason teams, and especially the Cubs, have been super reliant on the long ball.
- Want to be cheered up by NLDS highlights?
- The Mets’ offense was among the best in baseball in the second half.
- Game One of the NLCS went to the Mets 4-2.
Sunday, October 18
- The loss in Game One was damaging, but not necessarily informative or decisive. Such is baseball in a playoff series.
- Plays at the plate cost the Cubs in Game One.
- Kyle Schwarber hit one as far as any Cub has this year not named Kris Bryant.
- Luis looked at how the Cubs have fared against fireballers this year, which they’ve seen more than anyone.
- The Cubs dropped Game Two of the NLCS to the Mets 4-1, and it was a sad moment.