How was your weekend? Good Halloween? Good entry into November? Good baseball-watchin’ with nothing personally on the line?
Friday, October 30
- Easily the biggest, most important news from Friday: Jake Arrieta is beardless.
- Both Greg and Mike Maddux are moving on from the Rangers.
- The Cubs lost another front office executive.
- A handful of interesting Cubs prospect notes.
- Justin Grimm has been really good with the Cubs, and it’s earned him Super Two status.
- It seems the earlier Cubs-Alex Gordon rumor wasn’t just a one-time thing; Peter Gammons has heard it, too.
- And the Mets won a game in the World Series, keeping things close-ish for the time being.
Saturday, October 31
- Tom Ricketts thanked Cubs fans in a statement on the great 2015 season.
- There can never be enough love for Willson Contreras, apparently.
- The Mets lost Game Four of the World Series thanks in large part to gaffes by guys who definitely didn’t gaffe against the Cubs.
Sunday, November 1
- It was my birthday! Hooray! I succeeded at being alive for another year! (But seriously, it was a great year.)
- Also, it looks like the Cubs and Angels will be opening the 2016 season a day earlier than we thought.
- Addison Russell did not win the multi-position Fielding Bible award, which was a bummer.
- The Royals came back late on the Mets, and the World Series ended.
- And with that, the offseason is officially here.
More From Bleacher Nation