The GM Meetings get underway today, but the rumors didn’t wait. So much from this weekend that you’re going to want to check out …
Friday, November 6
- The day kicked off with reports connecting the Cubs to David Price, including one that said the Cubs are Price’s preferred destination in free agency.
- The Cubs lost another member of their front office. The curse of success.
- The Cubs’ new top ten prospect list from Baseball America is out.
- Aramis Ramirez has officially retired, which affords an opportunity to look back at one of the best Cubs highlights in recent memory.
- The Cubs picked up a new reliever on Friday, claiming Ryan Cook off of waivers from the Red Sox.
- 20 free agents received qualifying offers on Friday, which is by far a record. Denard Span didn’t get one, though …
Saturday, November 7
- Free agency is now fully open, and I offered some very early thoughts on how things might proceed for the Cubs.
- Dave Martinez is going to interview for the Dodgers’ managerial opening.
- Baseball America’s draft report card for the Cubs, now that the season is over.
- Jed Hoyer laid out some thoughts on the offseason ahead for the Cubs.
Sunday, November 8
- Jeimer Candelario had a solid day in the Fall Stars Game.
- The Cubs reportedly have interest in a reunion with Jeff Samardzija, and he has some level of interest, too.
- A look back at the Cubs’ attendance spike in 2015, which was well-timed.
- Michael continued his look at possible Cubs free agent targets with a deep dive on righty Jordan Zimmermann.
- A weekend-closing Lukewarm Stove, full of rumors – Heyward, Gordon, Strasburg, Fowler, Span, more – to get you ready for this week.
More From Bleacher Nation