For those who don’t know, I’m currently at Disney World being a parent, so posting was a little limited this weekend (and will continue to be this week, though probably less limited than this weekend because weekend).
There were still a number of things to check out if you were gone, especially on Friday …
Friday, November 13
- The GM Meetings concluded, and the Cubs are feeling some things out.
- The latest episode of Limited Range gets into the Cubs’ pitching options, including some rationale on why Jeff Samardzija makes sense (and also, separately, Jason Heyward).
- Speaking of Heyward, Michael wrote about the outfielder as a possible Cubs target.
- The Cubs are interested in Ben Zobrist, which means something, but not necessarily a ton.
- Cubs ticket prices are going up next year.
- Qualifying offer decisions were due on Friday, and three prospective free agents actually accepted the offers for the first time in the history of qualifying offers.
- The Padres and Red Sox spiced up Friday night with a huge trade involving Craig Kimbrel.
- Friday night wound down with a Lukewarm Stove on a variety of rumors.
Saturday, November 14
- Among Saturday morning’s Bullets, Dave Martinez reportedly won’t be getting the Dodgers’ managerial job.
- A reported option for the Cubs in the outfield: Gerardo Parra.
Sunday, November 15
- A Lukewarm Stove checked in on Indians pitching rumors, an option for the Cardinals’ rotation, and more.
- Luis looked at the new Steamer projections for the Cubs in 2016, with an early glance at how productive the team could be.