I was lucky to get back from vacation before Friday, because the last three days wound up being extremely busy …
Friday, November 20
- There were early day rumors of a Starlin Castro-Brett Gardner swap, which seemed like a bum deal for the Cubs … but it was the Yankees who later seemed to shoot the rumor down.
- Is Eddy Julio Martinez a future star for the Cubs?
- Bruce Levine has reported that Jeff Samardzija to the Cubs seems more probable than not.
- The Cubs’ opener in 2016 will be at night, in Anaheim, and on ESPN2.
- In their search for pitching, the Cubs reportedly have explored pursuing the Braves’ young starters, including Shelby Miller.
- A trade! The Cubs made a trade! They picked up reliever Spencer Patton from the Rangers.
- It was a roster deadline day, and the Cubs added four prospects to the 40-man roster.
Saturday, November 21
- Remember the Cubs fan who caught a foul ball in her beer and then chugged it? No? Well you can remember it now, because she won an award.
- A couple notable trades around MLB, with the Jays getting Jesse Chavez and the Tigers getting Cameron Maybin.
- The Cubs have checked in on John Lackey, and I think there are things to like.
- Topps came out with an All-Rookie Team, and the Cubs were all over it.
- Saturday closed down with a huge Lukewarm Stove – bits on Samardzija, Castro, Zimmermann, Zobrist, and more.
Sunday, November 22
- Chris Bosio talked about Jeff Samardzija, and there are further reasons to be into a reunion.
- Remember pitch-framing? How important it is? How the Cubs wanted to become much better at it? Well, they did.
- I’m wondering about Dexter Fowler’s projected price tag. It doesn’t look too bad to me, but maybe I’m wrong.
- The Dodgers blew up the international market once again, spending more than $20 million (plus the tax!) on a couple Cuban prospects. Luis got into that, as well as some other available prospects.