So, that was a fun three days, eh? Catch yourself up if the only thing you know is that
Friday, December 11
- Early in the day on Friday, we talked about the nature of offseason winners and losers.
- The big news of the day on Friday, after many updates, of course, was Jason Heyward reportedly choosing to sign with the Cubs.
- An early look at ZiPS for Heyward over the next several years projects that the Cubs will get their money’s worth.
- Is there a next move lined up for the Cubs in the wake of the Heyward signing? Does there even need to be?
- Relatedly, the Cubs could be done in the outfield with Heyward in center, but if they opt to move Jorge Soler, what else might they do in center?
- Luke looked at Gleyber Torres, the Cubs’ next big middle infield prospect.
- Given the big news of the day, Sahadev and I had to get a new podcast episode out.
Saturday, December 12
- It’s early, but it’s fun to start thinking about the Cubs’ lineup. Very fun.
- The Cubs have picked up another interesting flyer arm.
- Still in the afterglow of the signing, it’s time to dig deep on all things Jason Heyward, his contract, the reactions, and more.
Sunday, December 13
- The Cubs will head into 2016 with a bullseye on ’em – maybe the biggest one.
- Are the Cubs still a trade fit with the Rays? And vice versa? And is it worth it?
- The Pirates traded Charlie Morton, essentially, for salary relief.
- A tough hypothetical question to think on, getting to the heart of just how much you really want to see the Cubs win at all.
More From Bleacher Nation