The holidays are on the horizon, but there was still plenty going on this weekend …
Friday, December 18
- John Baker is back with the Cubs’ organization, and that’s awesome.
- Friday’s Bullets got into a range of things, including the extremes of the NL and the possibilities in the Cubs’ outfield defense.
- Luke dug into Albert Almora’s down-then-up 2015 season, and it’s a great read.
- The Cubs signed another potential reliever to a minor league deal.
- The latest from the Lukewarm Stove, with rumors on the Dodgers, moves by the Pirates, and more. Speaking of the Dodgers, they did not sign Hisashi Iwakuma after all – the Mariners did.
Saturday, December 19
- Javier Baez has made his debut in center field in Puerto Rico.
- The Cardinals have missed out on their prime targets this offseason, and are reportedly talking to the Rays about pitchers.
- Swapping out Starlin Castro for Ben Zobrist does the Cubs well in 2016, by projections anyway.
Sunday, December 20
- Looking back, the Cubs were both good and lucky last year – and, in case they aren’t lucky again next year, they need to make sure to be good.
- The Cubs signed a couple outfielder to minor league deals.
- Mike Matheny responded to Jason Heyward’s comments on why he chose the Cubs over the Cardinals, and Matheny wasn’t exactly feeling it.
- And we closed down the weekend with the latest from the rumor mill, including bits on Jorge Soler, Ender Inciarte, and more.
More From Bleacher Nation