As I mentioned over the weekend, now that Michael is in the fold full time, and with Luke and Luis still contributing like studs, there’s a good chance you’ll see even more stuff up at BN over the weekends. I know that many of you are weekday readers, only, which is all good – I just wanted to give the heads up. I’ll keep rounding things up for folks on Monday mornings, though.
Friday, January 8
- Throwing it right down the middle actually isn’t always a bad thing.
- Just an incredible reminder of what Cuban players have gone through to come to the U.S.
- The former Cardinals executive who was implicated in the hacking scandal has pleaded guilty in federal court.
- Some proposed rules for the outdoor plaza coming next to Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs Convention guest list is out, and it includes Ryne Sandberg making a return.
- Looking at the Cubs’ position players’ exit velocities versus league average is an exercise in so much fun.
- A late night Friday trade between the Nationals and Blue Jays.
Saturday, January 9
- Cubs pitching prospect P.J. Francescon has been suspended 50 games.
- Saturday’s Bullets included quite a bit, including a word of caution on reading too much into Cubs Convention player no-shows.
- A great profile on the player, and the good guy, Jake Arrieta.
- Luke takes a look at the latest in his Prospects Progress series, Christian Villanueva.
- Now knowing what we know, the Cardinals’ hack was really bad, and there should be serious punishment.
Sunday, January 10
- Thinking about the Cubs, Cardinals, playoffs, and frustration.
- A new prospect ranking system has a surprise at the top for Cubs prospects.
- The Cardinals have reportedly picked up a back-end reliever out of the NPB.
- It’s a question every year around this time, and it doesn’t sound like the answer will be different this year – don’t expect Sammy Sosa back with the Cubs any time soon.
More From Bleacher Nation