It was already generally busy around these parts on the weekends, but with games – albeit fake-ish games – underway, there’s plenty to check out now if you checked out for the weekend.
Friday, March 4
- Anthony Rizzo has been a top ten MVP finisher two years in a row, and yet he still seems like a “sneaky” MVP candidate on this Cubs team.
- Munenori Kawasaki rocked some Aerosmith for his teammates.
- We know that the Cubs are good at the top, but they’re also arguably among the league’s deepest teams.
- And speaking of that depth, Javy Baez may have a set position with the Cubs – the set position of super utility player.
- And speaking of depth, in general, the Dodgers’ is waning with injuries adding up.
- Michael’s Ask Away gets into back-up shortstops, the Cubs’ long-term rotation plans, and more.
- Hey, the Cubs won a Spring Training game, 3-0 over the Angels.
- In the game, Addison Russell popped the Cubs’ first Spring homer.
- Michael gave a full rundown from his first experience at Sloan Park, taking in the Cubs.
Saturday, March 5
- So many defensive highlights to look at from Friday’s game.
- The Cubs did very right by Kris Bryant with his contract for 2016.
- Michael looked at just how real those conversations were back in November between the Cubs and Jeff Samardzija.
- The Cubs dropped Saturday’s game to the Reds 4-2.
Sunday, March 6
- Checking out the visuals on the good the Cubs did by Respecting Bald.
- The Sunday Bullets had bits on Trevor Cahill and Tim Federowicz and much more.
- A little discussion on, perhaps, the next analytical edge to be implemented in games: extreme outfield shifting.
- The Cubs lost to the Diamondbacks, with a number of interesting pitching performances to discuss.
- At least Dexter Fowler went (way) deep in the game.
- And Jason Heyward made a beautiful play in the outfield.
- Austin Jackson finally signed – he came to the White Sox, who bounced Mike Olt in the process.