With the holiday this weekend, I could tell a lot of folks were gone on Friday and haven’t come back until today. Well, assuming they do come back.
But YOU came back! So catch up on what you missed, because it was actually really busy …
Friday, March 25
- Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward were not stealing signs from the Giants.
- The Cubs’ left side of the infield is gooooooood.
- There was a round of cuts from big league camp on Friday, including Matt Murton and Albert Almora.
- A construction worker at Wrigley Field was injured.
- Joe Maddon and Jake Arrieta discussed the pitcher’s blister issue optimistically.
- Examining that final spot on the Cubs’ bench – does Munenori Kawasaki actually have a chance?
- Michael’s latest Ask Away, including trading prospects, favorite Simpsons characters, and more.
- The Cubs were handling the Brewers until a five-run ninth inning.
Saturday, March 26
- How much does the “fun-ness” of a player matter? I really do think the answer is “some.”
- There were some questions about Jake Arrieta’s blistered thumb this weekend, but it’s looking pretty good right now.
- Yadier Molina (thumb) is expected back for the Cardinals in time for Opening Day.
- Shane Victorino is going to stay with the Cubs for now, and do extended Spring Training.
- Thinking about the batting order and how someone like Ben Zobrist actually makes a lot of sense in the three hole.
- The Giants beat the Cubs 5-2.
Sunday, March 27
- A Theo Epstein interview on the end of the roster, the makeup of a bullpen, and much more.
- Jeff Samardzija talked about The Plan, and much more in the Bullets.
- Javy Baez is dealing with a thumb issue, and there are roster implications.
- Luis looked at the Cubs’ batters in various lineup spots with a bunch of fun charts.
- The Cubs lost 12-9 to the Mariners, and it was a really rough start for Jason Hammel.
- Dexter Fowler also left the game with tightness in his side.
- AND the Cubs got attacked by bees!