The three days that followed Thursday’s game couldn’t possibly match that one, but, all in all, it was pretty fun weekend …
Friday, April 22
- Watching the highlights from Jake Arrieta’s second career no-hitter.
- Much more on Jake Arrieta’s very special day.
- Overshadowed, understandably, David Ross actually had a huge game, himself.
- You had questions, and Michael had answers in the latest Ask Away, including bits on Jorge Soler’s defense, how regulars could be displaced, and more.
- A great minor league promotion involving a Jake Arrieta beard.
- My experience at Great American Ballpark on the day Jake Arrieta just happened to throw a no-hitter.
- The Cubs shut down the Reds again, and Anthony Rizzo homered for the third straight game.
Saturday, April 23
- Javy Baez hit a laser homer, and also showed off his wide range of value.
- The Cubs have a minor league outfielder on a rare pace.
- Believe it or not, despite the lofty record, you could argue the Cubs have actually been unlucky.
- More on Jake Arrieta’s no-hitter, including how the team celebrated, and how the Cubs got him in the first place.
- This time it was the Reds’ turn to put a whoopin’ on the Cubs and and their bullpen.
Sunday, April 24
- Albert Almora and Ian Happ crushed dingers, and Willson Contreras got dinged behind the plate.
- Confronting the tricky issue of keeping a crowded bullpen fresh without artificially restricting starter success.
- The Cubs beat up on the Reds 9-0 in the weekend’s series finale.
- We wrapped things up with the Series Review for the Reds series.