The Cubs played a couple mixed games this weekend, but there was a bunch of other stuff going on …
Friday, April 29
- Dee Gordon was surprisingly suspended for 80 games after testing positive for PEDs.
- Iowa has a really loaded lineup.
- Kris Bryant had a sprained ankle, but it was not considered serious.
- The timeline for Willson Contreras and much more in the Bullets.
- A Lukewarm Stove with bits on the Cubs and Sonny Gray and Josh Reddick, and more.
- The punishment coming for the Cardinals’ hacking scandal might not come soon.
- Theo Epstein spoke on a range of topics, including PED allegations, Kyle Schwarber, and much more.
- The Cubs and Braves kept things tight for a while, but the Cubs took the lead late and won big, iced by Matt Szczur’s grand slam.
Saturday, April 30
- Duane Underwood is back in action, which is excellent.
- Some folks thought Warren G’s Seventh Inning Stretch performance was awful.
- Loving how Matt Szczur is taking to his role, and providing some context for Jason Heyward’s offensive struggles. There was a lot of stuff in the Bullets on Saturday, looking back.
- The Cubs and Braves were rained out on Saturday.
- Jon Lester was absolutely brilliant in April.
Sunday, May 1
- The latest from the minor league system, including Cubs teams movin’ on up.
- Among Sunday’s Bullets, a change up in the order of the rotation.
- Kris Bryant’s ankle injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of the lineup for too long.
- The Cubs came back late from a 3-0 deficit, but ultimately lost to the Braves in 10 innings.
- Michael packaged up the latest Series Review.
More From Bleacher Nation