The biggest news of the day is that Dan Vogelbach homered again. If you are in Iowa and haven’t made it to the ballpark to see this team (which includes a lot of talent other than Vogelbach) in action, you really should consider doing so soon.
Tonight might be a good night for that, should you enjoy a little natural variety with your baseball. This is Blank Park Zoo night, so there will be animals of some sort on the premises, hopefully happy to meet and greet all I-Cubs fans. There will also be fireworks (and I can confirm that Iowa puts on a pretty decent fireworks show).
Meanwhile, down in Tennessee, Saturday will be Star Wars night. Not only do the first 1,000 fans win a lightsaber, but the Smokies will be doing a Star Wars jersey auction during the game. Usually those auctions are only available to folks who are in the ballpark, so if you’re interested in picking one up you’ll need to make the trip.
- Shane Victorino: 1 for 3, SB
- Willson Contreras: 1 for 4
- Albert Almora: 2 for 4
- Dan Vogelbach: 2 for 3, HR, BB
- Tyler Skulina: 5 IP, 4 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 5 K
- Juan Paniagua: 2 IP, 1 BB, 2 K
- David Berg: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 K
- Jacob Hannemann: 1 for 5, SB. That’s 15 steals for the year.
- Mark Zagunis: 1 for 3, HR, 2 BB
- Billy McKinney: 1 for 4, BB
- Bijan Rademacher: 2 for 4, 2B
- Trevor Clifton: 6 IP, 4 H, 10 K
- Tommy Thorpe: 1.2 IP, 3 K
- James Farris: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jason Vosler: 2 for 3, 2B, HR
- Charcer Burks: 0 for 1, BB, SB
- Gleyber Torres: 1 for 4, SB
- Scott Effross: 2 IP, 2 H, 2 K
- Greyfer Eregua: 1 IP, 1 K
- P.J. Higgins: 1 for 3, BB
- Donnie Dewees: 1 for 4, SB
- That was Vogelbach’s sixth homer of the season, and the third of the week.
- The Pelicans will be in Frederick, Maryland this weekend (starting tonight, actually) and my intent is to be at one of those games (at least), provided various other factors work out for me. I don’t know which one yet, but I’ll send something out on Twitter once I do.