The Cubs took two out of three from the Pirates this weekend, which means it was a good weekend, even if they did the dang losing-the-day-before-an-off-day thing.
Did you miss anything?
Friday, May 13
- Plenty from around the Cubs’ minor league system including another Dan Vogelbach homer.
- Among Friday’s Bullets, Theo Epstein’s thoughts on why you can’t think of the Cubs as a dominant basketball team.
- Hector Rondon’s blistering start to the season was so good it was hard to even understand statistically.
- A couple of the Cubs’ depth relievers on the 40-man roster are probably out for the year.
- Michael wrote about the incredible things that are happening this year for Addison Russell.
- The Cubs went homer crazy on Francisco Liriano and blew out the Pirates.
Saturday, May 14
- Albert Almora is killing it this year, and walked the Iowa Cubs off.
- The tough spot the Cubs are in with respect to Jorge Soler.
- The Cubs have a very talented team in South Bend.
- Miguel Montero returned to the Cubs from the DL, and Ryan Kalish was DFA’d.
- A pretty fascinating poll on baseball fans’ thoughts on a variety of topics, including the DH, bat flips, and other IMPORTANT things.
- The Cubs whooped up on the Pirates once again. It never gets old.
- And in the game, Jake Arrieta may have been at his best all season.
Sunday, May 15
- Anthony Rizzo and Addison Russell went deep, and the Cubs turned a crazy double play.
- Luke’s Minor League Daily included word of a popular Cubs minor leaguer departing from the organization.
- Heading into Sunday’s finale, it sure seemed like the Cubs were deep in the Pirates’ frustrated heads.
- Luis looked at other big free agent signings this offseason, and noticed that Jason Heyward is not alone in his struggles.
- The Cubs dropped the series finale against the Pirates 2-1, as Gerrit Cole was dang good.
- Ryan Kalish cleared waivers and was outrighted back to AAA Iowa.
More From Bleacher Nation