The Cubs beat the Diamondbacks twice out of three tries, and a couple interesting rumor-type-things floated out. If you missed anything, catch up …
Friday, June 3
- Friday’s Bullets included bits on Dexter Fowler’s defense, Ben Zobrist’s offense, and much more.
- Javy Baez had himself a game, and is making tremendous progress.
- The Cubs are reportedly still considering their bullpen options, and Andrew Miller’s name came up again.
- Guess who’s really good? Kyle Hendricks.
- Tom Ricketts spoke publicly about the ongoing plaza dispute.
- The draft is coming, and there hasn’t been a ton to say about the Cubs in that respect for obvious reasons.
- The Cubs opened up their weekend set with the Diamondbacks by shutting them out.
Saturday, June 4
- The latest from around the Cubs’ farm system.
- The Cubs’ lead in the NL Central continues to swell tremendously.
- John Lackey was great, which is pretty much the case for the entire Cubs rotation.
- The two teams pulled the trigger – James Shields from the Padres to the White Sox.
- The Cubs beat the Diamondbacks 5-3 to lock up the series.
Sunday, June 5
- The Cubs’ big hits from Saturday’s game were plenty of fun.
- Plenty of encouraging signs from Jason Hammel and Hector Rondon, too.
- Willson Contreras is blazing hot, as are the Iowa Cubs.
- The odd rumor of the weekend had the Cubs among teams interested in Jose Bautista, should the Blue Jays become sellers.
- For the second time in as many starts, the Chicago Cubs did not win when Jake Arrieta started. Which is strange enough, but the game was strange, too.