The 2016 MLB Draft has come and gone, and if you missed any of it, you can catch up below. Also, the Cubs made some moves in the last few days.
Friday, June 10
- The Cubs dealt not only Arismendy Alcantara late on Thursday, but also Shawon Dunston, Jr.
- David Ross is in a video to help people vote for Cubs All-Stars, and I nearly died from laughter while watching.
- John Lackey’s last start was as dominant as his previous outings, and that’s been true for just about all Cubs starters lately.
- Michael tracked Day Two of the MLB draft live on Friday, with all eight Cubs picks.
- Tommy La Stella is headed to the DL with a hamstring strain (yes, another hamstring injury for a Cub), and Chris Coghlan was officially added to the roster.
- Anthony Rizzo was scratched from the lineup on Friday with a tight back, though he did play on Saturday and Sunday.
- Even the worst of teams can occasionally beat the best of teams, and it happened on Friday between the Braves and Cubs.
Saturday, June 11
- The Cubs have signed reliever Joel Peralta, and also shuffled a whole lot of parts on the pitching side at AAA Iowa.
- Those Iowa Cubs have a whole lot of All-Stars coming, I suspect.
- A look at Day Two of the draft, which was actually day one for the Cubs.
- Albert Almora has been as good as advertised in left field.
- Although they’d lost twice in a row on Jake Arrieta Days, the Cubs weren’t about to make it three in row.
Sunday, June 12
- With the 2016 draft at a close, Luke took a look at whom the Cubs selected, and the clear strategy they followed.
- The South Bend Cubs are getting close to locking up a playoff spot (yes, already), and Willson Contreras’s hitting streak continues.
- With the homer party from Saturday, many Cubs’ performances are trending up.
- And, for the second straight day, the Cubs blew out the Braves on the strength of big offense and dominant pitching. I suppose that’s usually how blowouts happen.