I had intended to provide some first impressions of Dylan Cease, Eugene’s starting pitcher in last night’s game and one of the best pitching prospects in the organization, in this space today, but unfortunately Eugene was not able to get their video feed up and running.
Cease put up a pretty good set of stats (below) for his first start, and the Boise radio broadcaster had only good things to say about his stuff (I couldn’t get Eugene’s radio feed to work either), but that’s about the best I can offer right now. The next start for Cease, if Eugene maintains a five man rotation, should come on Wednesday afternoon in Hillsboro. Good news; Hillsboro is hooked into MiLB.tv. We’ll try again for first impressions of Cease then.
- Aaron Brooks: 3 IP, 7 R (6 ER), 7 H, 1 BB. Not the best of outings for the rehabbing Brooks.
- Miguel Mejia: 2 IP, 3 H, 2 K
- John Andreoli: 1 for 3, BB, SB
- Logan Watkins: 2 for 5
- Dan Vogelbach: 0 for 3, 2 BB
- Cael Brockmeyer: 2 for 4, 2B
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Jackson 2, Tennessee 1 in nine innings. Doubleheader games are scheduled for seven innings.
Jackson 1, Tennessee 0
It wasn’t a good day for either offense, but worse for the Smokies.
- Duane Underwood: 4 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 3 K
- Bijan Rademacher: 2 for 4
- David Bote: 2 for 4
- Jacob Hannemann: 1 for 4, SB
- Starlin Peralta: 4 IP, 1 H, 3 K. Game Two.
- Victor Caratini: 1 for 2, 2B, BB. Game Two.
- Jonathan Martinez: 5.1 IP, 2 R, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- Gleyber Torres: 1 for 4
- Ian Happ: 1 for 3, BB
- Zach Hedges: 5 IP, 4 R (3 ER), 7 H, 5 K. Game Two.
- Dillon Maples: 1 IP, 1 K. Game Two.
- Rashad Crawford: 1 for 4, SB. Game Two.
- Gleyber Torres: 1 for 3, BB. Game Two.
- Ian Happ: 2 for 4, 2B, 3B. Game Two.
- Gioskar Amaya: 2 for 3, 2B. Game Two.
- Casey Bloomquist: 7 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Sepulveda: 2 for 3, 3B
- Ian Rice: 1 for 3, HR
- Eloy Jimenez: 2 for 3, BB
- Dylan Cease: 4 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Enrique De Los Rio: 2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
- Jared Cheek: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 K
- Mark Malave: 1 IP, 2 K
- D.J. Wilson: 0 for 2, 3 BB, 2 SB
- Andruw Monasterio: 2 for 5
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 4, BB, SB
- Matt Rose: 1 for 2, HR, 2 BB
- I don’t recall too many occasions on which the Cubs farm system went 0 for 4 in doubleheader games in a single day. Here’s hoping we go a long time without seeing it again.
- If Eugene can solve their video issues for today’s game, we’ll get to see Bryan Hudson on the mound. Hudson is the very tall left hander the Cubs drafted out of high school last year. If the reviews I’ve come across are any indication, his curve is well worth seeing.
More From Bleacher Nation