This is the week the playoffs begin. The minor league regular season wraps up tomorrow, and following an off day the playoffs will begin for Myrtle Beach, South Bend, and Eugene on Wednesday.
The Carolina League Playoffs open with a best of three series between the second half winning Pelicans and first half winning Salem. Myrtle Beach will host Game One; Games Two and Three (if necessary) will be in Salem on Thursday and Friday. The Championship Series would start immediately on Saturday, and if the Pelicans make it that far they will host the first two games of that best of five affair.
South Bend will be on the road in West Michigan to open their initial best of three series. Game Two and Three (if necessary) of that series will be back in South Bend on Thursday and Friday. The winner of that series will advance to another best of three round over the weekend, and the final best of five series will begin the following week.
Eugene also opens their initial best of three series on the road in Hillsboro; Games Two and Three (if necessary) will be in Eugene. The Emeralds won’t actually have to travel on Tuesday, though, since the final series of their regular season is in Hillsboro. The Championship Series in the Northwest League is also a best of three, and Eugene (if they make it) will host Game Two and Game Three (if needed). That series begins next Sunday.
- Josh Collimeter: 5 IP, 1 R, 6 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Armando Rivero: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
- Corey Black: 1.1 IP, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jeimer Candelario: 3 for 4, 2B
- Kristopher Negron: 1 for 4, 2B
- Tyler Skulina: 7 IP, 2 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 5 K
- Starling Peralta: 1 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 K
- Kelly Dugan: 1 for 4, HR
- David Freitas: 2 for 4
- Victor Caratini: 1 for 3, 2B
- Ben Carhart: 1 for 3, 2B
- Jason Vosler: 1 for 3, 2B
- Erick Leal: 4 IP, 4 R, 8 H
- Tommy Thorpe: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Tommy Nance: 3 IP, 1 H, 3 K
- Daniel Lewis: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 4 BB
- Scott Effross: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- Donnie Dewees: 2 for 7. He also had an outfield assist at home.
- David Bote: 2 for 7, HR
- Yasiel Balaguert: 3 for 7, 2B, 3B
- Jeffrey Baez: 2 for 5, BB
- Tyler Pearson: 2 for 2
- Casey Bloomquist: 4 IP, 2 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- John Williamson: 3 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 3 K
- Jared Cheek: 2 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 3 K
- Connor Myers: 3 for 4, 2B, BB
- P.J. Higgins: 2 for 4, BB, SB
- Matt Rose: 1 for 2, HR, 2 BB
- Tyler Alamo: 2 for 5, HR
- Adonis Paula: 1 for 5, 2B
- Erling Moreno: 5 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 2 BB, 4 K
- Michael Knighton: 1 IP, 1 BB
- Tyler Peitzmeier: 2 IP, 1 H
- Wladimir Galindo: 2 for 3, BB
- Chesny Young (.300) still leads the Southern League batting title chase by .002. Victor Caratini (.295) is fourth.
- Eloy Jimenez has been out of the lineup for a week. The good news is that he is still not on the disabled list.