The Bullets are short today, because we’re going to try to squeeze in some family pictures when the weather and Littlest Girl allow. I thought I was going to have more time, but turns out I need to hurry …
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Heyman each handed out their would-be MLB awards, and the Cubs are all over the place. Kris Bryant naturally takes home MVP honors in the NL for both, and Kyle Hendricks/Jon Lester show well on the Cy Young lists (with Hendricks actually getting the nod from Rosenthal). Joe Maddon is in the top two for NL Manager of the Year for both. Lots of love for the Cubs – imagine that, in a year they’re going to win at least 102 games. Anthony Rizzo is top five in the MVP race to both. Long story short here? The Cubs are going to show very well in the award voting, whether they win the awards or not – and that’s always nice to see. And heck, that Cy Young race could wind up decided this weekend if one of Lester or Hendricks has a truly dominating outing. It’s that close.
- Jorge Soler (side) was able to take BP yesterday, but a start is not expected today (Cubs.com). Maybe tomorrow.
- The Cardinals are not expected to exercise Matt Holliday’s option for 2017, so they gave him a send-off opportunity last night … and he followed the storybook script. That’s the second time this week I found myself moved by a Cardinals homer.
- Love for Ben Zobrist this morning if you missed it, plus the crazy Wild Card race bits for this weekend.
- Wow. I would like to have this Cubs fan patio is better than yours, and I would like to have it/befriend these folks:
— Rodriguez Family (@22_DRod) October 1, 2016
- Don’t run onto the field during a game. Ever. Especially don’t run onto the field during a game and try to give something to Angel Pagan:
— Eric OConnor (@ericoconnor22) October 1, 2016